Low on cash, but high in life? I got your back, babe. Here are the top 5 places that come to my mind when someone wants to go budget drinking in Delhi.
Now these places are NOT where you should be going on your FIRST DATE or something. Not even your tenth. You go there, with a bunch of people whose company you like, ‘coz you really wouldn’t have a great ambiance to enjoy. And as much as I love mixology, these are not the places to look for a FANCY COCKTAILS you had in Bali. ‘Coz it won’t be the same.
Also, I am not taking any responsibility of Sales Tax, Service Tax and Service Charge and Blah Blah Blah. I am just telling you about some good places that are safe, and serve good booze, decent appetisers and are in SOUTH DELHI.
- Harry’s, Khan Market: This is actually a pretty OK place, with limited seating and has opened up where Blanco used to be. Initially, I ended up spending quite a bit (actually my boyfriend did), but this 1 time I did the unthinkable and ordered for Fosters’ Draught Beer. I usually don’t drink Fosters’ because I find it a bit too bitter for my palette. But the manager came to my table and informed me of some Beer News. He told me they have modified the flavour: it’s lighter, has a fruity aftertaste. I tried it and then my friends did. And it was a good night. And many came after. This observation is based on the Draught Beer deal in particular and not the entire Drinks’ Menu.
- 4S, Defence Colony: A lot of Delhites, being typical Delhites, have been to 4S since they hit adulthood. Thankfully, I went there quite recently on one of the weeknights. Huge filled with peeps between 20-40, you’ll see people stopping by with their friends and colleagues for drinks. Again, there’s not too much place to sit (and it’s not very comfortable too) so if you’re planning to go after 9pm, it’s better you call them first. Oh, and there are no happy hours, just waiters who have been around for a decade and will take good care of you. Enjoy your 50% off booze on the side of some masala starters.
- Social Offline, Hauz Khas Village: You get to see girls dressed up in strapless dresses at 3 pm in the afternoon but I guess HKV brings out the crazy in you. This quasi-office, quasi-bar, opened last year, and I was actually invited for a review. I think their cocktails, and their LIITs are a hoot, and if you have 2 of these tube sized wonders, you’re sorted for the night. I also spoke to the management and they literally don’t have happy hours ‘coz they have priced their alchohol menu at competitive prices. It’s not the most affordable place to drink but they’ve got good bands performing on Thursday nights so you should go and let me know how your bill looked. There’s a new Social Offline in Def Col. Just FYI.
- Route 04, Khan Market: Now I know what you’re gonna say, but if you want the AC in Delhi Summers, and some 90s hits you can sing, you need to ignore the college kids trying out a hookah for the first time and just have a good time. Route 04 has been around for 7-8 years if not longer and is a good bet on those nights you’re in the mood to drink up. On a budget. They do have happy hours, on everything but I usually go for the beer in summers and Old Monk in winters. They have also opened up in Connaught Place and Gurgaon.
- Pocketbar: Don’t ask me why I went there, I will almost never admit to it but I think it was a huge group of people going out on a weeknight. So if you have a huge group of people from work, or if you have to go a club or dinner later, I suggest you hit Pocketbar and never post it on Instagram. I remember happy hours on everything that was ordered on the table and because there was only 1 other patron in the “bar” that one of my friends went and connected his phone to the speakers. So this was basically like a house party…minus a house.
- 100% Rock: I went there thinking this is the mall’s version of Turquoise Cottage but I think this is another entity. Or not. WHO CARES? Decent ambiance, wooden furniture, and it’s pretty spacious so you can relax and have a few beers. Again, I suggest you don’t ask for an LIIT here but stick to the basic liquors and make the most of it.
Have you hit jackpot by finding an awesome place with cheap booze in Delhi? Tell us!