A lot of us think wedding jewelry is synonymous with the bride. As it should be, jewelry can also be a great gifting option at Indian weddings. Here are some of my favorite items from Gold24.
- For the teen spirit: You’re 18, rebellious yet you want to look cool enough for all your selfies at a wedding. We think ear cuffs with pearls, zircons or crystals are a great gift! They can go well with gowns, dresses and trouser saris.
- For the bridesmaids: A great gift for sisters, friends, and families who are officially the ‘ladki waalas’ would look great wearing a maang tikka or a passa. In fact, they can customize the drop of the tikka depending on the color of their outfit.
- For the groomsmen: Silver or gold plated cuff links are a great gift for the groom and his band of brothers. Opt for the same shape (square, oval or round) and design and it’ll make for a subtle statement. The best part? It’s both useful and thoughtful.
- For in-laws: A sign of prosperity, gold coins are both auspicious and memorable. An expensive item on the list, this can be a great gift for the groom’s family. You can start with 0.5 grams and go up to 10 grams.
- For BFFs who attend your Haldi-Mehendi: Mehendi is usually a function at the bride’s side and is attended by most women folk. A mix of family, friends and soul sisters, bangles make for great party favors. You can opt for glass, laak, enamel or encrusted bangles and kadas.