Welcome back to our last and final day of our 7 Day Guide to Skincare. Today is the final and most important day of your skin: today we’re going to be focussing on what you eat and drink, since that directly affects your skin.
Here’s a small recap so far:
- Scrub your Body on Monday
- Treat Your Eyes on Tuesday
- Exfoliate Your Face on Wednesday
- Put on a Mask on Thursday
- Clean Up Your Cosmetics on Friday
- Take a Break On Saturday
Day 7 To Better Your Skin: Replenish your body Sunday
We all have our weaknesses aka junk food. Foods high on sugar and carbs make us loose our skin’s elasticity and even been linked to the cause of acne.
So what can I do on a Sunday?
- Sit down and walk yourself through this past week: take stock of how much sugar, junk food and carbs you had. As you probably already know, sugar and oils are a complete no-no for good skin. If you’ve already cheated, make up for it.
- If you’re planning to going out to drink (since it’s the weekend), make sure you have a glass of water for every drink you have. That’s literally the only way to stay hydrated. Come Monday, and make sure you replenish your body with your favourite fruits.
- Prepare for the week. Go grocery shopping and make single-serving packs of fruits, veggies, nuts, and other healthy finger foods. Stash them everywhere. Vegetable juices, dried fruits, fresh fruits and lean meats are all good for skin. Here is a powerhouse of healthy and beauty for you!
- Eat healthy: I try to have at least 1 cold compressed juice and detox one day a week.
- Try to add as many beauty foods/methods to your diet: My vegan friends, colleagues say their skin has been given a new life after following a vegan diet. A lot of people benefit from dark chocolate because it releases good hormones. See if you can try it, and definately tell us more about it!
- Lastly, keep your act clean. Make sure you wash your hands before you touch your face. Follow the CTM regime. Listen to your skin, and it’ll reward you!
Stay tuned to our Beauty Special.
We are taking our Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter. With the advent of this wonderful #MyFriendAlexa campaign, we hope to connect and hone a new community, build more relationships and read more. Our reading hashtag is #beforbeautyreads.