We’ve all been there: from not choosing the right products to racoon eyes, eye makeup can be tricky. Here are 8 helpful eye makeup tips for all beginners and self proclaimed experts!
Get your Eyeliner Right
- Make sure you have a clean, oil-free canvas before you paint. Use an oil-free primer or a makeup remover and start off.
- Instead of starting from the innermost corner of your eyes, line the middle part of your eyelids so that it doesn’t come off thick. Once you have that nailed, go back to the innermost crease and fill in the blanks. To keep it mistake free, use an angled eyeliner brush.
- To prevent your lashes from looking clumpy, coat on layers of mascara, depending on the desired volume.Keep your eyes open, look straight in the mirror and use a gel liner/pencil to mark the ends and make a winged eyeliner.
Ace the Kohl/Eye Pencil
1. Use a nuetral shade like taupe or brown on the waterline of your eyes to lend a no-effort, natural look.
2. Apply the dot method and smudge the dots with a Q-tip to get a soft kohl effect.
Get Dramatic Lashes with your Mascara
1. Apply the mascara from the roots of your lashes and not the tips. This technique gives you more volume.
2. Avoid pumping the wand while pulling out the mascara. Instead, twirl it to avoid drying it out and avoiding bacteria.
3. Coat your lashes with mascara; wait 20 seconds and apply another coat to avoid clumps.