You’re a busy woman, you have to get to work–and look fabulous, at the same time! I got you! Here are some of my favorite, tried-and-tested makeup and beauty hacks of all times.
1. Make your lips look bigger by these quick hacks. Draw a small X on your cupid’s bow (the V) on your upper lip and then apply a lipper (as usual), to see the difference. If you want your lower lip to look bigger, then use a colourless, shimmer-free lip balm/gloss on the sides of your lips.
2. Ace your base by choosing your foundation right. You’re not supposed to try it on the back of your hand but on your wrist. Check if it conceals, covers and blends well. Then try it on your face (with and without a sponge), check if it has SPF and THEN loosen your purse strings.
Current Crush: ZA Cosmetics Perfect Fit Liquid Foundation
3. Let that eyeshadow pop by using a swipe of white kohl. Sounds weird right? Sometimes, yes, the eyeshadow quads are not very generous on color but other times it could be your (mine, for sure!) pigmented eyelids. Mine have a way of naturally looking brown by the way…So if you want a clear canvas to paint, try the white liner, and let me know how many compliments you got.
Current Crush: Maybelline New York The Nudes Eye Palette
4. Ace your concealer, and let everyone think you weren’t up watching re-runs of your favourite TV show by:
a)if you have a minute, then dab, not RUB your concealer in a V shape around your eyes.
b) if you don’t have a minute, then mix 2 drops of concealer with a face cream and RUB it well without clawing your eyes out. It won’t crease, or look cakey and you’d have successfully created your very own tinted moisturizer.
5. Before Lana Del Ray (love her!) was rocking wings, Indian actresses like Vajanti Mala and Sharmila Tagore were very much in vogue. If you still have problem acing it, do what I do and hold your eyelid (gently) at the angle at which you’d want the curve to come. Let your other hand paint gently, going with another swipe of liner if need be. Finish by cleaning off your lips with a Q-tip.