A huge thank you to all of you who have made September a very special month for me. I wanted to share the roundup of this month as well as a few deets about #Myfriendalexa with Team Blogchatter.
33 Posts: Beauty Special on Be For Beauty
Sure, I write about Beauty in magazines, on my blog and other websites. But this special was more about evergreen content. Anything that could classify as evergreen content or that could help my target audience.
I started with skincare and went onto makeup (I had so much to be written on hair, but there was a lot to cover and I thought I couldn’t do justice to it!)
- An Introduction to our special, Best of Beauty.
2. The next post was all about basics: What’s Your Skintype + Tips For Each Skintype. This post got the most responses and hit the right note with a lot of readers!
3. I struck gold when I etched out a plan I’d done for story back in my Prevention days, to ask women to only do 1 thing for their skin everyday of the week. It sounds like lesser pressure and more realistic. 15 minutes of self love. Here is how it started.
4. Day 1: Scrub your body and nothing else! Here’s how:
5. Day 2: Treat your eyes with a roll-on and an under-eye cream.
6. Day 3: I asked women to exfoliate their face (and neck) not more than once a week. We spoke about granules, natural scrubs, microexfoliants and the most relevant acids of all times.
7. Day 4: My favourite part of any beauty regime: put on a face mask, gurl!
8. Day 5: Clean out your S***. I practise what I preach. Clean your brushes, your dresser.
9. Take the day off: do absolutely nothing. Breathe, and let your skin breathe too!
10. Detox, eat healthy and plan your meals on a Sunday.
11. After 1 awesome week that should help you keep your skincare routine in place, we decided it was time to have some fun. So our lovely team member, Rhea Guliani showed her makeup techniques by reviewing Deborah Milano EyeShadow Pallette.
12. I am very psyched that Korean brand, The Face Shop made a debut in India! Here’s a sneak peek into their collection and the products I’m going to be reviewing very soon!
13. Pragati decided to share her tried and test beauty hacks which were absolutely loved!
14. I got graphic, about body hair, and the best way to get rid of it. Don’t worry you shouldn’t hold back. Like at all!
15. The most good-looking post of all, ‘coz it had Queen Bae and her legs in it.
16. I am a big believer (I have to be) that what you eat, and drink, shows on your skin. Here are a few tweaks with my fave natural ingredients to help you make most of good skin and a better lifestyle.
17. 95% women deal with cellulite. I think I got some last year. And I am trying to get rid of it (naturally ofcourse!). Here are 3 ways to say bye to cellulite.
18 and 19. We did a fun, 2 part series on which BuzzFeed Hacks work, when it comes to eye makeup. And which, don’t.
20. We love charcoal: it’s such a big ingredient this year. I have tried charcoal facepacks, exfoliators, so I was super curious about AromaMagic’s Charcoal range. Here is the review of their ABC Shampoo (Pragati carried it to Switzerland!)
21. There is honestly so much makeup and so many video tutorials out there, so I wanted to do something very basic–and remind you of the order you should apply makeup. I also ended up giving out a lot of product recommendations.
22. Then I did something I wanted to do for a very long time! I called up one of my former colleagues: Dr Apratim Goel, Cutis Skin Studio and asked her about the kind of questions she has to face at work everyday–and I got them answered! Wel also did a giveaway and a lot of you came forward, I look forward to doing that again!
23. We also tried something new: I tried a peel from Kiehl’s known as Nighly Refining Micro-Peel Concentrate. If you are 29 and above, you should read this. Plus there’s a lot of info on exfoliation, peels and acids altogether.
26. Then, I reviewed a new mascara from Deborah Milano, I feel a lot of you don’t know much about this brand and their stuff is pretty good. You can read about their mascara here.
27. A big user of BB creams, I decided to tell you the basics of BB Creams.
28. The penultimate guide of contouring and highlighting like an YouTube goddess.
29. How to choose your lipsticks on the basis of your skintones + lots of recommendations.
30. Go natural with Dhania Naturokosmetiko–beautiful brand and amazing products. Stay tuned for our giveaway with them this month!
We also did fabulous shoots from Switzerland, all thanks to our friend and photographer, Zarina..You can see my niece modelling AW 16 looks for Sirup Designs, Pragati and Niyati’s color coordinated shoots here and here.
A big thank you to all of you who have read our posts, or liked them! A big shoutout to my team members Nima Sherpa: who handled social media all through the month!
#MyFriendAlexa with BlogChatter
September was special for two reason: the impossible task of doing 33 posts and participating in BlogChatter’s campaign, My Friend Alexa. Over the month, upto 70 bloggers were able to better our Alexa ranking, get more traffic and more importantly, build a community. My rank is A big thank you to Richa Singh and other team members of BlogChatter for your patience with all my queries and a lot of help.
Please stick for our October special: it’s gonna be fab!