Smokey eye palettes can be a bit intimidating to use as they’ve a combination of really dark, intense colours with medium light shades. Not all love blending eyeshadows as it’s not an easy task to mix such moderations of colour on your lids. It had been a long time since I was trying to get my hands on mini smokey eye palettes for travelling purposes and I finally got a chance to use the Deborah Milano perfect smokey eye palette. I realised that I have tons to say about it so, I present to you, Deborah Milano perfect smokey eye palette: review and application.
Be For Beauty Got Shade #01 aka Bronze palette. It is an oval, egg shaped one which makes it very easy to carry. It has five eyeshadows; a pale highlighting shade, two shades of gold and two shimmering shades of browns. It comes with a small, double-sided eyeshadow brush. It has no matte shades and only shimmer ones.
SWATCHES OF DEBORAH MILANO EYESHADOW PALETTE IN #1 BRONZE
Thanks to the perfect combinations in this palette, I was able to pull of a proper smokey eye look. It has the perfect shades to deepen the crease, to colour the lids and to highlight the brow bone.
GET THE LOOK:
1. I used a concealer on my eyelids but you can use an eyeshadow primer.
2. Then, I used the two shades of gold as a mixture for my lid colour and it looked stunning. It had the exact touch of gold needed to make my eyelids pop.
2. Next, I applied the light brown shade at the corners of my lid. I did this in a V-formation to give my eyelids a bit of dimension. To intensify that dimension and make it look smokey enough, I used the darkest shade in the same v-area. The darkest shade can also be used to smoke out the eyeliner.
3. Lastly, I applied the pale shimmery colour to highlight the inner corners of my eyes and also the brow bone to add a finishing touch.
WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THE DEBORAH MILANO #1 PALETTE:
1. Pigmented eyeshadows (great colour payoff)
2. The gold undertone in all shades
3. Compact in size (travel friendly)
4. The packaging is sturdy. I dropped it once and the pallette didn’t break.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE ABOUT THE PALETTE:
1. The dark shades of the shadow fall out even though they’re pigmented. (TIP: do your eye makeup before doing your face makeup. ALWAYS)
2. The brush that comes with it isn’t really useful as it’s really small. Use blending brushes to get a smokey eye look. If you’re using a mono-shadow look, then you can use your fingers too.
Overall, I recommend this palette. Especially, people who are beginners in makeup. This palette isn’t very confusing and comes with a know-how sticker behind it.
PRICE: Rs 850
Stay tuned to our Beauty Special.
We are taking our Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter. With the advent of this wonderful #MyFriendAlexa campaign, we hope to connect and hone a new community, build more relationships and read more. Our reading hashtag is #beforbeautyreads.