[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Here are some good-to-know, skin care basics by Ms Priyanka Tyagi, Cosmetologist, Skeyndor, India.
- The season changes means dust, pollution and sweat, leading to irritated, dull and dehydrated skin. Take these easy measure to avoid sensitivity, rosacea, pigmentation and pre mature skin ageing.
- After proper cleansing (if you have oily skin, use a gel-based cleanser since sebaceous glands are more active), use an alcohol-free toner to close the pores.
TIP: You can also use coconut water to clean your face. Avoid cleansing milk.
- Moisturising is as important in summers as it is in winters. If you have an oily skin go in for lighter, water-based moisturiser. Apart from that, drink up, at least 2 litres of water every day.Splash cold water on your face frequently to regulate the temperature and freeze the freely flowing oils of the skin to avoid acne breakouts.
- Don’t forget to use a broad spectrum sunscreen meant for UVA and UVB protection. Wear a hat and use shades with UV BLOCKING FILTERS to protect the delicate skin around the eyes.
- Eat a diet high in anti-oxidants like vegetables, fruits, super foods such as acai, kiwis and oranges. Watermelon also works wonders as it keeps the skin well hydrated.