If a beauty genie granted me 3 wishes, I know one of them would have to be glowing skin. Wouldn’t it just be perfect to get glowing skin that would very little makeup and lots of selfies? (laughs). Today, we’ll talk about skin essentials, day time and night time routines, quick DIYs to get you that glowing skin you deserve. Stay tuned for glowing makeup without using any foundation as well as a step-by-step glossy skin makeup.
Tips: The Holy Grail Day Time Skincare Routine To Glowing Skin
Glowing skin is often a result of a consistent skincare routine. These small steps make a big difference when it comes to glowing skin! Here are a few things you can do to get one step closer to glowing skin…
Your Updated CTM Regime To Get Glowing Skin, STAT!
- Start your glowing skin routine with a splash of cold water. Not only does this help wake you up but is really good for your skin too. Don’t forget…even makeup artists ice your face to reduce the size and appearance of those pores.
2. Use a gentle pH balanced facewash in the morning like Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (Rs 350), to start your day on a clean slate. Come evening, invest in a second facewash that helps get rid of makeup, pollution and free radicals. I like Glamglow Galacticleanse Cleanser (Rs 5,000) at the moment. If you’ve been outdoors all day or used makeup, it’s best to use a facial brush or an exfoliating glove to give your face a good clean up at home. TIP: Use small circular motions and don’t rub vigorously.
3. Use the right products for your skin type. It’s essential you know if what your skin type is. If you have dry skin, it’s essential you use hydrating formulas whereas if you have oily skin, you can use a gel-based product. For sensitive skin, you should avoid heavily perfumed products altogether. To know what your skin type, make most of my blog by clicking here (it’s got a fun quiz that won’t take more than 5 minutes)!
4. Apply a clay mask once a week. Enlarged pores, blackheads and whiteheads are a strict no-no when it comes to clean and glowing skin. Use a clay mask with algae extracts like L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Mask (Rs 500), to make most of that masking time. Slather it on using a clean brush, keep it on for 15 minutes and wash it off with tepid water. Do this once a week and trust us, your skin will thank you for it.
5. Apply a moisturiser on your face and body as soon as you step out of the shower. The timing is crucial–since your skin is damp, it manages to lock in moisture for hours together.
6. Invest in Vitamin C serum for its brightening and collagen properties like Obagi Professional Vitamin C Serum 10% (Rs 5,891) or Dr. Sheth’s Basic Brightening Glotion (Rs 850). Take 3-4 pumps on your fingers and massage your face for about 1 minute. Use this about 3-4 times a week.
7. A good facial massage boosts blood circulation and drains lymphatic drainage. A lot of us are now using jade rollers and gua-sha tools that essentially uses the cooling properties of gemstones to depuff, calm skin and give you that glow.
8. Make sure you don’t skip your monthly facial: be it a hydra facial or oxygen facial, they further hydrate your skin which is key for glowing skin.
9. Lastly, make sure you use sunscreen religiously every day to avoid sun spots, pigmentation and dull skin.
These Tried & Tested DIY Hacks Will Help You Get A Natural Glow In No Time!
- Have an event? Try this DIY. Mix one egg white with one tablespoon of honey. Apply for 10 minutes before rinsing off and say hello to glowing skin.
- To make most of this, pop a vitamin E pill for that glow from within: take the liquid onto your fingertips and gently start massaging your face in a downwards direction. Keep it on for some time and wash it off
Your Fabulous Diet To Glowing Skin
- Keep up this consistent routine with a healthy lifestyle. Make sure you drink about 8-10 glasses of water every day, use an app if you need a reminder. If you don’t like plain water, try infused water with cucumber, mint and lemon.
2. Apart from that, make sure you have your fill of veggies and protein to get that glow from within. Omega-3 is a big contributor for that natural glow: so add avocados, flaxseeds and salmon to your diet.
3. You can also opt for supplements like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, collagen drinks and glutathione drinks.
4. Lastly, don’t skimp on sleep. Make sure you get 6-8 hours of uninterrupted snooze time.
Your Nighttime Beauty Routine For Glowing Skin
Today we’re going to take that nighttime beauty routine: just simple things you can do at home to make most of the time you sleep. Why? As we sleep, our skin cells are actually working on renewing themselves over and over which is why more skin specialists, dermatologists and cosmeticians talk about nighttime beauty routines. So if you have 15-20 minutes, make most of these tips and wake up to glowing skin!
- Double cleanse your face. This is the time you have the most amount of dirt and grime on your face so make most of the double cleansing, a K-beauty method. Use micellar water followed by a face cleanser to make sure your face is clean but NOT dry. My personal favourite is Nivea Micellar Water (Rs 350)
2. Make most of sheet masks. A Korean beauty trend, sheet masks are the easiest way to get a dose of hydration and glow. From fruit extracts to teas and acids, slather on a sheet mask and take the day off. Catch up on Instagram and Netflix. Take off the sheet mask when it’s about to dry and tap on the excess moisture onto your skin. Find our favourite sheet masks and budget skincare picks here.
3. Use a night cream or a facial oil. The best time to use a heavy moisturiser is at night because of the controlled environment. You can either use a serum or a facial oil with a mix of brightening and anti-ageing ingredients like Indulgeo Rose Gold Facial Oil (Rs 2,300) or Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Serum (Rs 4,800 approx).
4. It’s not just your face, your lips need some TLC too. If you wear a lot of matte lipsticks, it’s essential you use a lip scrub at least once a week. You can buy these online or just whip one yourself: take a teaspoon of granulated sugar and add honey to it. Apply and massage it on your lip for 1-2 minutes to get rid of those flakes. Finish with a lip balm to lock that moisture in.
5. Sleep on a silk pillowcase. It’s ideal to sleep on your back just to avoid those creases and dents on your face but since that can be really tough, invest in a silk pillowcase that won’t put pressure on your facial muscles and avoid those wrinkles.
6. Apart from this, applying an eye cream and overnight masks really help your skin stay hydrated, leading to glowing skin.
We hope you try these tips and wake up to glowy, healthier looking skin!
Glowing Skin Makeup Routine: Get Glowing Skin Without Using Any Foundation
One of the most well-kept secrets amongst makeup artists is how to get flawless, glowing skin without using any foundation and I’m going to share it with you today (all those phone calls with MUAs and countless hours of YouTube are finally going to pay off). Most of us don’t like to go out or have the time for a full face of makeup but this 3-step makeup routine is great for that flawless skin without using any foundation. Let’s get to it.
If you have been following our holy grail skin routine mentioned above, chances are you already have clear and glowing skin. The idea here is to just elevate it without putting layers of makeup. Make sure your face is moisturised before you try this routine.
- Start by using an illuminator like M.A.C Strobe Cream (Rs 2,700) which lends a beautiful sheen to your skin. Apply it on the top of your cheeks, centre of the nose, chin and the sides of your forehead. You can either use your fingers for a natural look or a blending brush for a seamless finish.
2. Now take a liquid concealer like Maybelline New York Fit Me Concealer, Rs 500 and apply it only on sunspots and other problematic areas. Don’t take too much product. Blur out any edges and push the product in by tapping it in.
3. Lastly, use a powder highlighter like Wet n Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder (Rs 500), and apply it on the high points of your face in a C-shape with the help of a beauty blender. This helps add that glow without your face looking cakey because you’re not using any foundation. Finish with powder.
If you have more time, you can fill in your brows or apply a nude coloured lip balm but that’s pretty much it! We hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Keep reading for a glossy skin makeup tutorial!
Glowing Skin Makeup: Glossy Skin Makeup Tutorial
If I’ve managed to keep you glued till now, I’ve done my job! In the last leg of our blog, we’re going to learn how to the ace the glossy skin trend. A step ahead of glowy skin makeup, glossy makeup is a lot of the sheen on the high points of your face. Let’s get started.
Step By Step Tutorial To Get Glossy Looking Skin
- Use a hydrating primer like Benefit Porefessional (Rs 2,639) to even out your skin and create a base for your makeup. Press it onto your skin instead of blending it.
2. Take some facial oil on top of your beauty blender and then apply a BB cream like Pond’s White Beauty BB+ Fairness Cream (Rs 390) on your face and neck. This step will help add that lit-from-within glow on your face. Stipple around the sides of your face and nose to avoid any patches.
3. Use a creamy concealer like Wet n Wild Photo Focus Concealer (Rs 399) just under your eyes. Blend it with a concealer brush. Seal with loose powder.
4. Take a creme-based blush like Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm (Rs 1750) and blend it on the apples of your cheeks. Use the bigger part of the beauty blender to blend it all in.
5. Use a pearl or champagne highlighter like Makeup Revolution London Liquid Highlighter, Liquid Champagne( Rs 1050) on the high points of your face in a C shape. If you’re using a stick, melt it with your fingers but if you’re using a liquid highlighter, stick to a brush.
6. Apply a little bit of highlighter on the inner corners of your eyes as well as the brow bone. You can also apply it on the tip of your nose and your Cupid’s Bow just to make it more glossy.
7. Now is the time to fill in your brows with a brow pencil that suits the natural shade of your eyebrows.
8. Apply a lip pencil or a glossy lip balm to keep the attention on that glossy skin. Finish with a coat of mascara.
9. Set your makeup with some setting spray and you’re done!
And that’s a wrap on our glowing skin special! I hope you liked it. Please do share your glowing skin secrets with us in the comments’ below!