There’s nothing worse than being a ‘smelly cat’ amongst your friends. The reasons for body odour could be many: excessive sweating to poor hygiene or even your diet. We give you some of the easiest tips to treat body odour and smell awesome, always!
- Do not compromise on your hygiene: There is no amount of deodorant or perfume in the world to compensate for a shower after you work out. Seriously, the whole point of exercising (besides toning up your muscles and revving up your metabolism) is to work up a good sweat. So don’t skip a shower before you leave the changing room. Wipe yourself dry with a cotton towel, and half the battle is won, right there.
- Skip the deodorant: Research suggest that due to parabens and aluminums found in anti-perspirant deodorants’, the chances of breast cancer are likely to get higher. So let’s not take any chances. Keep a solid perfume like L’Occitane Roseset Reines Solid Perfume. Both are fresh, floral and great to use. Body oils are a great way to keep fresh and smell good. I like The Body Shop White Musk Perfume Oil.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar to the rescue: Don’t you love how many uses this magical bottle has? Apart from giving your shiny hair, the vinegar is actually an antiseptic and kills of the smelly bacteria and fungi upon usage. You can add it to your bath water or just wipe your underarms dry. P.S: It’s great to do this on days you’re chumming too.
4. Restore the pH balance of your skin: Our body and its largest organ i.e. skin, is always engaged in saying toodles to toxins. Sometimes the products we use can clog our pores, not allowing us to get rid of enzymes. You can use a bit of witchhazel or add tea-tree oil to your bath water, and maintain the pH balance of your skin. Apply these directly on any parts of your body.
5. Detox, please: It could be the pork burger you hogged or the excessive caffeine in your system that is literally stinking up your act! Take the load off by allowing your body to take a time out. To accelerate the process, try this detox juice: Take 1 green apple, 4-5 spinach/kale leaves, a few strands of parsley, a small piece of ginger and blend. Top it with a squeeze of lime and drink up. Make sure your gut is healthy; add a probiotic drink to help aid digestion too.
6. Make the most of your signature scent: Finally, don’t get embarrassed of sweating. The weather will get hotter, and sweating is actually good for your skin, so let nature take its course. Make up for it by staying hygienic and using a perfume when you’re around others. Aquatic, cool perfumes are a staple amongst both genders whereas citrus and floral fragrances can also wake you up. My current favourites are Estée Lauder Modern Muse, Bvlgari Aqva Divina and Acqua Di Gio Profumo. (Keep a small perfume in your handbag for rushed mornings).