Summer comes with sweat, dirt, a dip in energy and tons of seasonal problems. Which is why we expert help from long time dermatologist based in Mumbai, India. Read on to find out what Dr Apratim Goel, Cutis Skin Studio, has to say about How to Deal with Summer Skin Problems Acne and Rosacea.
Summer Skin Problem: Acne
Summer can aggravate acne or pimples as the heat and humidity can clog your pores with oil and dead skin cells. This can occur in teenages or those of us with oily skin.
Here’s what you should do:
1.Make sure you keep your face clean at least twice a day. Use salicylic acid containing face wash (saslic foam).
2. You can apply a clay mask or a mud pack to help absorb excessive oil and get your face squeaky clean.
3. Consult a dermatologist for the need of antibiotics or topical creams.
4. A natural rinse with milk or neem water may help calm your skin down.
Summer Skin Problem: Rosacea
This is characterized by red and inflamed skin especially on the cheek, chin and frown areas of the face. The rash can also lead to tiny boils on the cheeks and maybe even to severe acne if left untreated. The skin is very oily and gets thickened.
To treat Rosecea:
1. Avoiding stepping out when the sunlight is very harsh: this can worsen the skin condition.
2. Invest in a soap-free, pH balanced facewash like Cetaphil and a gel-based sunscreen.
3. Having an antacid or a natural cooler like aloe vera juice in the morning on an empty stomach.
4. Cut out stress and take up yoga or meditation. This will have a therapeutic effect on your skin.
5. You can use Meterogyl gel applied at night ONLY on the irritated, reddened areas of your skin.
Hope you liked this column. Stay tuned to more updates on Twitter.