‘Coz there’s nothing better than keepin’ it real.
As much as we love talking about makeup and attending fashion shows with you, we’re real people. We love our skinny jeans as much as Kim Kardashian but using 27 products from HUDA Beauty is an unrealistic assumption. Be it a college goer, working girl, we tell you how to perfect the laidback look.
#Makeup: Use Only What Your Accentuates Your Features
FACE: Start with a moisturiser with SPF like The Body Shop Bb Cream Vitamin E.
- You can either apply a BB/CC cream with clean fingers or a blending brush.Finish with dry powder and add a swipe of blush.
- After cream, apply a peach or green base concealer like Maybelline New York Fit Me concealer to cancel out any dark circles and imperfections. Set with powder.
Remember, being laidback also means being comfortable in your own skin, literally!
EYES: Your eyes can give away your vibe, so this is probably the most important part of your makeup regime. We suggest three ways of doing this:
- Swipe the waterline of your eyes with Revlon Eyeliner Pencil and smudge it out with a Q-tip towards the crease line of your eyes. Seal the deal, and you’re good to go.
- If like Manavi, you don’t like putting kajal, you can use a nude liner like Givenchy’s Magic Khol Eye Liner Pencil in Beige Pearl on the waterline. Now apple two coats of Colorbar’s Duo mascara in Carbon Black. This really opens up your eyes, without being obvious.
- Apply a thin, precise line of gel black liner on the lash line making your eyes look slightly bigger.
LIPS: We have tried these tips and ensure you that they don’t take more than a minute.
- Wear a matte lipstick that comes closest to your natural lip colour. Pink Pearl Pop by M.A.C. suits more skintones. You can also browse through quick tips to find your nude lipstick.
- Go for creme lipsticks in nude shades to give your look that sultry laid back effect. Lakme’s Latte Rules is just perfect.
#Hair: Forget the blow dryer or the heating iron–embrace your unwashed hair and even the natural texture of your hair.
- The Donut bun is finally within reach because H&M is reach. Buy a donut in your natural hair colour and get ready to be done with a top knot in a minute. Tie your hair in a ponytail on the nape of your neck and place the donut on the opposite side. Now start moving the donut downwards, making a bun as it goes along. Go slow, and steady–even thick hair takes upto 1 minute. Once you reach the nape of the neck, you can add bobby pins to secure it.
- We love the messy ponytail. Grab all your strands into a high ponytail (like in the picture), EXCEPT ONE, and use a band to tie like you usually do. Now take the piece of hair you’ve left out and wrap it around your band. Seal it with a bobby pin. If need be, spray some TIGI Bed Head Maxxed Out Massive Hold Hair Spray and get on with your day.
#Style Tips: There is a very thin line in between looking sloppy, and effortlessly chic. Perfecting the laidback look is all about the latter.
- Colours can make or break your entire look. It’s key to know the colours and outfits to wear to look effortlessly stunning. Colours like white, periwinkle blue, baby pink, pastel green, beige and mustard are the go-to colours for summer. Avoid black as it gives a more formal look and also heats up real fast; not something we want for the hotter months.
- Wear loose shirts with straight fit trousers of the same colour.
- Midi skirts with a loose shirt tucked in looks is ideal.
- Give culottes a shot since they work really well in summer colours and are easy breezy.
- Mono, meaning 1 colour is trending the charts this season. Embrace it and do an all white or a cool blue look.
- Try jumpsuits or playsuits that’s falter your body type. You’ll be surprised how chic they can look.
- Wearing a tank top with ripped jeans and a tan belt can look both effortless and bold.