Today I’m going to be talking about the ultra famous, Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask and if it managed to make a difference on my ultra dry lips.
Chronically Dry Lips
I have chronically dry lips, thanks to use and abuse matte lipsticks 💋 and living in overheated rooms without using a humidifier. My lips were severely chapped all through the year and I’m experienced enough to know that most lip balms just sit on your pout but I added the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask to my cart via Nykaa 7ml which retails at Rs 500.
I’ve been using everyday for a month and here’s what I think.
Pros: Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
- A little goes a long way. It’s a good amount of product.
- It has no mineral oil which is a trend and we’ll know clean beauty must have. #cleanbeautyrevolution
- Applying it makes you feel like a step closer to selfcare. #selfcareroutine
- You can double it up as a lip balm.
Cons: Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
- I spent an hour Googling the ingredients which cannot be understood. All the good ingredients like hyaluronic acid, fruit extracts, coffee are towards the end which means the product has very little.
- It has red dye for colour as well as fragrance which can cause irritation or worse, breakouts.
- Beta glucans are great for hydration but the hero of the product it’s the microcrystalline wax which avoids trans epidermal water loss.
Last Word: Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
Unfortunately it’s a temporary fix for my problem which goes deeper than surface damage. A deficiency in vitamin B (for which I’m on supplements) and using super matte lipsticks has left me with really flaky lips. While I applaud Laneige for tapping a market of lips, which wasn’t even a particular segment, Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask is also a great example of how a product has made the most of social media and influencer marketing.
You can buy it if you’re a lip balm addict ( I know a few of you) but otherwise you can give it a miss.
Follow me on Instagram