How are you? If you have been following me on Instagram, you know I’ve been MIA due to a dental surgery. But today we’re gonna talk about something happier: Be For Beauty’s March Favorites!
- Dermalogica NEW Daily Superfoliant: Loved by us sensitive skinned people, Dermalogica is one of those brands I can buy without doubting since their products are so well-researched. Their Daily Microfoliant has seen a lot of love from customers in the past (including me) so I was super happy to try out the new Daily Superfoliant. What’s new about this? The ingredients mostly. If you’ve used any of their exfoliants, you know how fine and minuscule the grains are: this is great for anybody since medium or hard granules can actually hurt your skin, leading to pimples or blemishes. The texture of the scrub gets better, thanks to white charcoal (NOT black charcoal) extracted from Ubame Oak. Other ingredients include rain bran extracts, niacinamide, lactic acid, enzymes and other algae. Since Delhi is particularly smokey, I started using it in the evening. I just took a pinch of it (you can take more) and added a bit of water to it in my palm. The mixture is a bit blackish because of the charcoal but felt softer in terms of texture. Then, I applied it onto my cheeks, nose, forehead and tried to massage it gently for a few seconds.
When I rinsed my face, OH MY GOD, it felt like someone else’s face. The thing is, I’ve used so many charcoal products and while they make you feel squeaky clean, your skin feels dry. Dermalogica’s Daily Superfoliant does the opposite. My skin felt super-soft, had a bit of a glow and very clean.
57 g for Rs 4995 or the half sized bottle for Rs 1,495. Read how to get your face mapping at Dermalogica here.
2. Faces Ultra Matte Lip Crayon in Cashmere 23: I think it was around Valentines’ Day that I went to the Faces Store at Select Citiwalk. It was the launch of their new collection and quite honestly, I was already in love with two of their lipsticks called FACES Canada Ultime Pro Crème Lip Crayon and then I fell even harder in love. Their collection of nudes is superb, I got this shade i.e. Cashmere 22 in my bag to review and I gotta say, I absolutely loved it. The lip crayon comes with a sharpener (which is why it looks small in the picture). I use that to keep the tip super sharp so that I don’t have to use a lipstick brush while applying.
The texture of the lipstick is amazing: it’s not drying even though it’s matte. This is a constant battle for me since I hate it that most matte lipsticks make your lips flaky and dehydrated. The color is a shade of brown, you can go lighter or darker. Just swipe it on your lips and use a piece of blotting paper to get rid of excess pigment. I’ve been using this lip crayon for 2.5 months in shoots, at events, at home and I plan on buying a ton of these.
Rs 650 upwards.
- Faces Ultime Face Pro Kit: I was looking forward to buying a new blush/contour kit when I’d gotten this from Faces. As you can probably make out from the picture, it’s a bit broken. My makeup pouch fell down a few weeks ago and so did the Pro Contour Kit: breaking the highlighter kit into two. While I have wiped it and tried to save as much as I could, I was really sad to lose a lot of it. Coming to the pigment, there are 2 palettes: Fresh and Glow. I tried the latter.
The blush surprised me since I don’t really use coral too much but it’s super subtle when blended correctly. The highlighter is a bit light so needs more of an application while the bronzer did the job for me. If there was anything I could change, it’d be the packaging in order to salvage the pigments.
Rs 899 per palette
4. My new notebook from My Luxury Bargain, Eye Patch, and Haruki Murakami’s IQ84
I use 2-3 diaries at a time: a planner both Pragati and I had designed last year as well as a diary from Swarovski. I think diaries should be updated when needed and I think I needed something more inspirational. So I took out this lime green diary I’d gotten (along with a beautiful scarf from My Luxury Bargain.
I have been making most of an eye patch I got from Whisper. I also bought my newest book: it’s as fat as me, because it’s a trilogy. I gotta be honest, I’m only 20 pages in.
Luxury Price Bargain Diary: Not sure if it’s available for sale, IQ84 from Fakir Chand, Khan Market, Rs 695
5. My new kicks from ASOS, earrings from H&M and sunnies from Polaroid. I ordered these white sneakers from ASOS back in November but I haven’t gotten to wearing them yet because they’re a bit tight. I finally took them out this week and they are super comfy, very light and good for the soles. I bought these earrings from H&M Select Citiwalk and I love the matte blue ones in particular. I wore them to Fashion week too.
Finally, these sunglasses from Polaroid are super cool. I think both Pragati and I are going to fight for them at our upcoming trip to Bali.
H&M earrings Rs 599, Polaroid Sunglasses upto Rs 4,000 and ASOS white sneakers, Rs 1,300 (excluding shipping).
Thanks for reading about our March Favorites.
Tell us about yours in the comments’ section
and stay tuned to our blog for updates!