If you’re a beach bee, like Team Be For Beauty, you must pack for your beach vacay like a PRO! Here is a tried and tested method to madness aka 12 Packing essentials beach vacation.
Take in stock of essentials
I know a lot of women who don’t find packing very appealing, but we think it’s better NOT to leave essentials behind–no one likes to be uncomfortable on a holiday! Beach is the easiest destination to pack for as it does not require you to carry the expensive stuff you own. So we suggest you take stock of the situation by making sure you have these 4 packing essentials for a beach vacation.
1. Start by putting your designer watches, jewellery and other expensive things away in the locker.
2. Take stock of sunny day essentials likesunscreen, a fedora/straw hat, good sunglasses and a camera.
3. The idea of packing light is to not carry 50 outfits for a 5-day trip. In fact, Be For Beauty has discussed this in our feature published earlier this year. It’s got a great technique called 5,4,3,2,1 for clothes and also has lots of tips on maxi dress and flip flops.
4. Utilise all the panels in your luggage. Divide your luggage space for different things to know what is kept where and not create a mess in that tiny space. This helps to pack and unpack easily, especially if you’re covering 2-3 islands in Thailand or hopping cities in India.
The above picture (from 43 concept) is a picture perfect day on the beach. Besides clothes, we think a few more of these must-carry essentials to a beach vacation is something you’ll thank us for :
- A strapless bra: Chances are you’ll be found wearing breezy dresses, shorts and off shoulder tops. If the last thing you want to show off on the beach is the strap of your bra, then buy strapless numbers like these. If you like a little peek-a-boo, caged bralettes are great on skin showing, and keeping things comfortable.
- Speakers/ headphones: Who doesn’t like listening to good music by the beach? It sets the mood for your vacation. The sound of the waves with Drake wanting a One Dance, that’s the dream! You can try a Bluetooth speaker like JBL Go Portal Wireless Speaker: it’s super small and has got good bass, and stash a pair of headphones like Sony Stereo Headphones. Headphones can give you the perfect alone time you need by the pool while speakers can get the cocktail hour going!
- Hair tools: Being on the beach in your favourite bikini without the beachy waves is so not ideal. No one wants slick, shining, straight hair on the beach. A curling iron or a straightener to do beach waves or a tousled mane look everyone is raving about. A sea salt spray like this one from Toni&Guy is the perfect add on for this look. It gives you the texture those waves need. Check out our summer hair tips and tutorials here.
- Power bank/ Phone Charger: When you can’t live at home without a charger, imagine what’d happen if you forget your charger on a holiday. No one wants their iPhone to ditch them when you need it the most so add a power charger on the top of your packing list.
- Beach Bag: If you’re spending a whole day on the beach, chances are you’re going to be stashing your towel, umbrella, sunscreen and bathing suit in a beach bag so make sure it’s roomy and durable. We like these beach tote bags from Victoria’s Secret and Estee Lauder.
- Bronzers: If your skin refuses to get kissed by the sun naturally, fake that sun kissed glow with a bronzer. This is ideal for people who don’t prefer to sit under the sunlight for long hours. Add some to the natural contours. To make it look more natural, add some to the middle of your nose. This lends a sun kissed look without sitting in the sun for hours. This can be your vacation hit!
- Bandaids and Sprays: NEVER go on a holiday without bandaids as there’s always one pair of shoes that gives you blisters. Not only for footwear, but a snorkelling session, or a short hike can lead to scrapes and cuts. Be For Beauty’s Manavi Siddhanti refuses to step out for a vacation without crepe bandage and an anti-inflammation spray.These will help your vacation to not sink in the sea and let you enjoy to the fullest.Hope you enjoyed our piece on 12 must-carry essentials for a beach vacay.
Follow us on Twitter I Instagram I Facebook
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14813257/?claim=67qze8ezcbg”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>