[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Last week, it got really hot in Delhi.
And I mean really hot.
So I hit the road and went to my favourite market, Hauz Khas Village. As a part of our blog special, Summer Cool, I thought it’d be best if I head straight to Hokey Pokey.
Hosted by Drums Foods based in Mumbai, Hokey Pokey is a Super Premium Ice Cream brand that’s made space in our hearts, and fridges, thanks to its quirky branding and good flavours.[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”1938″ alignment=”center” border_color=”grey” img_link_large=”” img_link_target=”_self” img_size=”large”][vc_column_text]Made with pure buffalo milk and natural ingredients, their USP is that all their icecreams cold stone creatives, a first of its kind to come to India. You can go in the store, and create-your-own flavour, making sure with high-end mix-ins.
Summer Cool Flavours
While I was at the ice-cream store, I saw a lot of people, including 20 year old guys choosing Dark Belgian Chocolate with Nutella and Oreo cookies (I think they all had girlfriend issues that evening.) But here are 3 interesting ones that are make the most of from Indian produce!
- Fussy French Vanilla: Made from Real Vanilla beans from Coorg, this one’s got a good aftertaste, and is not too sweet.
- Mad King Alphonso: They use Ratnagiri Alphonso mangoes in this so just have a scoop after lunch and you’ll be sorted.
- Verry Verry Berry: A scoop of this comes with fresh Panchgani strawberries and loads of jujubes.
So apart from the flavour palette , I really liked their toppings counter. It had everything from choco-chips to Ferrero Rocher. Of course, the prices of these toppings differ, so it really depends on what you want.
Here’s how my scoop of Double Chocolate Therapy looked like (from the cold stone to the cup):
[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”1942″ border_color=”grey” img_link_large=”” img_link_target=”_self” img_size=”large” alignment=”center”][vc_single_image image=”1944″ alignment=”center” border_color=”grey” img_link_large=”” img_link_target=”_self” img_size=”large”][vc_column_text]And look how happy I am![/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”1947″ alignment=”center” border_color=”grey” img_link_large=”” img_link_target=”_self” img_size=”large”][vc_column_text]I am not an ideal ice-cream lover, you will NOT find it my fridge everyday! But you will definitely find me enjoying some AWESOME flavours this summer. Plus it’s cheaper than FREAKING gelato!
I’m not done talking. In fact, I got you a recipe from Chef Ganesh to make your own chocolate shake at home!
Recipe: HoPo COOKIES & CREAM SHAKE
Serves: 04 persons
Oreo Cookies, 8 pieces
Fresh Cream Ice cream, 4-6 scoops
Milk, 500 ml
Chocolate fudge, 8 tablespoons
Dark Chocolate shavings, 2 tablespoons (Tip: Make chocolate shavings easily by using a vegetable peeler on a brick of chocolate at room temperature.)
Whipped Cream, Optional
- Crush the cookies into a blender pot; add the milk and half of the chocolate fudge.
- Add 2-3 scoops of the ice cream and blend for 2 minutes.
- Now, add leftover ice cream, blend for a couple of minutes till you gain some consistency.
- In the meantime, coat your serving glasses with chocolate fudge.
- Pour. Top with whipped cream. Sprinkle chocolate shavings.
Do you like this recipe? Are you going to OD on icecream this summer? Let us know![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]