The Kardashians have made it perfectly clear that we HAVE TO highlight and contour before we leave the house. If you hate the amount of steps and products one has to use, you may just like strobing. Strobing is an intense highlighting technique that uses different shades and textures of a highlighter. It also involves lesser products than your usual H&C and gives you an intense glow. Since it adds that dewiness to your face, it lends a very youthful look. The intention is to highlight the areas where the light naturally falls on your face, the features you want to accentuate MINUS contouring.
- Take a pea size of BB cream along with an illuminator. Blend well with a foundation brush. Since this technique is all about sheen (not sparkle), the illuminator is going to help add that dimension to your face.
2. Use a crème based concealer under your eyes, bridge of the nose, T zone (arch of the forehead), sides of your lips and chin. Blend using a wet sponge or a beauty blender.
3. Now comes the good part. Take a liquid highlighter in shades of nude/ champagne/gold and start applying it on the upper part of your cheeks as well as the brow bone. One of the many YouTube tutorials taught me that if you look closer, it’s almost like a small C. So just go back and forth. Dab and blend the highlighter on bridge of the nose, chin and the cupid’s bow.
4. Set your concealer and liquid highlighter with a swipe of translucent powder.
5. Use a fluffy brush to add colour by using a blush on the apples of the cheeks. Use sparingly. I have bought an angled blush brush to avoid any mistakes and it’s a huge time saver too.
You can stop at step number 5 if you’re going out in the day or just learning how to contour and highlight and want to make the best of it at work. The last 2 steps are what pro-makeup artists do, and recommend for a Kardashian approved contouring tutorial.
6. Now use a powder highlighter with a fan brush for an effortless look and go over the same areas (cheeks and brow bone, bridge of the nose and chin).
7. Set with spray.
This illustration from Teen.com can be a lifesaver for those of us who haven’t tried contouring and highlighting yet.
Click here for product recommendations.
Stay tuned to our Beauty Special.
We are taking our Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter. With the advent of this wonderful#MyFriendAlexacampaign, we hope to connect and hone a new community, build more relationships and read more. Our reading hashtag is #beforbeautyreads.