[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Hello everybody and welcome back to our Summer Cool special.
It’s May and things are getting all hot and heavy in New Delhi. The temperature is going higher as we speak and I figured it’s a great time to discuss summer makeup essentials. Take a look at Be For Beauty’s kitty:[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”1873″ alignment=”center” border_color=”grey” img_link_large=”” img_link_target=”_self” img_size=”large”][vc_column_text]Now, now, I don’t use all these products together! No no…it’s a lot of products and I frankly go very minimal, depending on the time and occasion in this season.
Before applying, any makeup on the face, apply a day cream preferably with SPF.
- NYX Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer: To start off, I have dark circles and a protruding line that marks its territory on my upper cheek. I remember using a concealer when I had nothing to hide, back in 2008. How times change! Anyway, so this one is pretty popular amongst bloggers and us girls because it’s economical and is great to use. If I am going to do chores, or not trying to make an impression, I just use a concealer and seal it with translucent/pressed powder after. However, if I have events to go for, my makeup has more steps to it. Rs 520
Tip: Use your ring finger to apply it in dot method. Make sure you make a triangle UNDER the eye area to make the most of it. Blend. Seal.
- ZA Face Two Way Foundation: Now for those of you who have been following the blog, would probably know that I’ve been using most of their products quite religiously. You can use it 2 ways: wet or dry. I think it can double as compact powder and that property makes it quite versatile. Rs 550
Tip: Avoid looking too cakey by moisturizing your face and taking very little in the sponge that comes in the case.
- Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer: Great for meetings or events or just going out in the day, this is the perfect product for those of us who are incessantly lazy and are constantly on the lookout for 1 product with multiple benefits. This is great for hydration, concealing and correcting, AND it has SPF. It’s a bit pricey but lasts for more than a year. Even though it’s a moisturizer I suggest you prime your skin with a bit of day cream. Use the dot method and blend it in with a sponge/brush. I suggest you can even use your fingers and put some more of it over a dark spot/pimple etc. Then you use a sponge/brush to use powder like ZA Face Two Way Foundation or M.A.C Studio Fix Compact Plus Foundation. Rs 2,100 approx
Tip:It has a variety of shades so the choose the one that comes closest to your skintone when you’re buying it.
- M.A.C Studio Fix Compact Plus Foundation: Now, this is NOT really a new product but it’s an all time favourite of mine. This is one of the products I used and I loved as a beauty writer back in 2011. It provides full coverage and again, can work both ways: as a compact and a foundation, it’s completely upto you. So if I am going out in the evening, I’d moisturize my skin, followed by a concealer, then use the MAC Foundation. I’d use with a kabuki or a foundation brush (slightly wet) because I’d want to spend sometime in making sure that the product has blended in, and finish with a compact. Rs 1,800
Tip: If you’re showing off your back or neck, then feel free to swipe the area with this amazing product, especially if you’re going to be photographed.
- 5. The Body Shop Lily Cole Lip & Cheek Dome: A great find in 2011-12, this is a pretty cool product for days you just want to add a bit of colour to your face. Now remember, that after all the makeup you put (just a concealer, or powder, dry and wet foundation, or ALL), it flattens out your features. Add a bit of depth and angle to your feature by using the product on the bottom of your cheeks as a blush. Just dab and blend and you’ll see a very natural finish. Plus, it works on the lips and a very CUTE, natural hued, lip tint. Rs 895
Tip: Stash it in your bag for reasons I just told you.
- Benetint: Now this is a product that’s popular worldwide, and please don’t think I gave into the hype. I’ve had it ever since Sephora had launched in India and I think it can be pretty handy to use ‘coz you don’t really need a brush, you can just swipe a layer of it (with the applicator that looks like a nail polish brush), dab it in circular motions and keep doing that. If you need more, just take a bit of the cheek stain again and use it on the cheekbones. Again, this is awesome for the lips, and can be used on top of a lipstick too. You can even buy High Beam and use it on your upper cheeks, forehead to highlight and contour. Rs 1500 apprx
Tip: Don’t taste it when applying it on your lips. Cha Cha Tint suits Indian skintones better.
- MakeUp ForeverHD High Definition Microfinish Powder: Now, there are a lot of negative reviews about this product but I feel that if use this product the right way, you will be thanking me! So what you need to know is that it’s called HD powder is because it’s made of 100% silica that makes your skin look soft, sculpted and perfect. If you use TOO much of it, your pictures are going to look washed out. When it comes to application, you use it sparingly after you’ve put your foundation, powder, blush etc. Open the box and use whatever is on the lid ‘coz that’s all you need. Swipe it on a kabuki brush and go on patting this miraculous powder onto your face and neck.
Tip: Buy a small box and even that is going to last you for a minimum of 2 years.
- Bobbi Brown Longstay Gel Eyeliner: As you can see, we’ve moved on to eye makeup. I swear by this eyeliner ‘coz if it wasn’t for Bobbi and her eyeliner, I would have stayed away from eyeliners all together. Love the gel formula, it dries up in a quarter of a minute and it’s rich in pigment. I have small eyes so using a good eyeliner really helps make them a bit more prominent–it comes with a brush. The pot will last you for more than a year, which is when you should actually invest in a new one. Rs 1540
Tip: Keep the brush clean, washing off excessive product in a timely manner or you’ll have trouble with application. Gel eyeliner dries really quickly so turn it upside down (it won’t spill, like DUH!) when using it for those 5 minutes in the morning.
Note: You can see I didn’t add an kohl pencil but that’s because I don’t use one very often. If I do, it’s Maybelline Colossal Kajal or Lakme Absolute Black/Brown and White Kajal. Use brown on the waterline to add emphasis without giving away that you’re wearing any kohl. And mascaras need to be discarded every 6 months (if not 4), so pick one from Maybelline, Rimmel, Bourjois, L’Oreal and go dramatic. I don’t advise spending more than 800-900 bucks on a mascara because you’re SUPPOSED to change it much more frequently.
- Sephora Eyebrow Sculpting Pencil: I didn’t believe it till quite recently but eyebrows can totally add dimension to your look. In fact, it was one of the shoots for the blog where the difference made by using an eyebrow pencil was uncanny. I recommend this one from Sephora to outline your brows, make thin brows dense, fill out gaps, and also GROOM your eyebrow hair, all thanks to the eyebrow brush that comes attached to it. Rs 300-Rs450
Tip: Look for a natural/dark brown instead of black.
- L’oreal Paris Color Riche Lipstick: They keep updating the Color Riche range and I think they have added some awesome shades recently. It’s hydrating in texture but matte in finish. I like the corals in particular. Rs 825
Tip: Look for hydrating formulas with matte finishes or you’ll keep re-applying your lip balm.
- Avon Ultra Colour Lipstick: One of the most understated yet awesome lipper brands in India, I tried their range last year. And I have loved their colours: fluorescent pink, shimmery orange, mutes and nudes, plus awesome reds (for those who wear reds). Absolutely love these all year round! Rs 300
Tip: Keep a range of pastels, naturals, deeps and brights so that you add variety. Don’t sterotype yourself as the red-lipped girl.
Well that’s it, I think I’ve covered most of what I use, but the summer season is pretty long in Delhi so I shall update you on products time and again.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]