[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]I don’t know about other parts of the country, but Summer came to Delhi, in a hurry.
One day, the city looked like it was enjoying a picture perfect Spring: withered leaves giving way to new colours and a cool summer breeze that made afternoons pleasant too.
And when I woke up the next day, the temperature spiked up 10 degrees. And soon it was 38 degrees.
Just like that. When I got a metaphorical ‘heatstroke’ last week, I thought it’s time. You guys, and your skin shouldn’t suffer. So I have decided that in Be For Beauty’s Summer Special, I’m going to talk about my favourite products that could be good for YOU.
P.S.: This is an editorial piece which is why you say some brands being repeated, and that’s probably because they are suiting me
- L’Oréal Paris Gentle Cleansing Milk, Rs 499: Starting off from the basics, cleansing milk is great to start with. Like all of us, I end up using a foundation for my skin. I don’t use too much of it but it’s important to get it off. If you’re not feeling terribly lazy, I suggest you take a scoop of cleansing milk and just go all around your face and neck. My skin can sometimes get really dry, and this cleanser has glycerin and shea butter which helps my skin. Now a lot of bloggers abroad have different opinions when it comes to using the same milk to clean up your eye make-up. And I am going to give you mine: I only use a kajal or a liner on most days so the cleansing milk does the job for me. However, if you have done a smokey eye look, I’d suggest using an eye makeup remover. But this is great for skin, and it doesn’t feel sticky in summers.Tip: if you have a lot of trouble taking the kohl out of your waterline, take an earbud, dip it in a non-irritant make-up remover, or just some water and just dab it through. This should help you get rid of ALL of it.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser, Rs 1,400: You know, I love experimenting with facewashes. And given my job, I have like about 5 different brands in my bathroom on all times. Right now, I have thrown most of those tubes away and I am religiously sticking to this one from Kiehl’s. One of the first skincare brands I worked with in my beauty career, their products are a bit exorbitant but worth it. I have to take a drop of it, literally, like half of a pea-size, lather it up and make sure I get all parts of my face. The aqua-based cleanser is great ‘coz it’s got the usual SLF to clean up your skin but a powerhouse of moisturizing agents and humectants including almond oil, sweet kernel oil, Vit E and squalene. Plus I feel it’s texture is a bit grainy so it kinda has an exfoliating effect too. If I were you, and I want clear skin this summer (and hence use minimal makeup), I’d pick up a few samples from the store and try it out.Tip: If you have sensitive skin, use a medicate, fragrance-free facewash. Or a sandalwood soap. It’s really good!
- Za True White Toner, Rs 699: Until recently, I broke a beauty vow and skipped the toner in the sacred step CTM or as I like to call it CTTM regime. We have been hearing this when we were younger and till the time I started writing about Beauty, I didn’t quite get its importance. Truth is, between coming back home, cleaning your face, your pores may be de-clogged, but still may be OPEN. Plus if you use the laptop, your phone, and are not using a sanitizer on your hands every hour, the odds of a nasty pimple showing on the face are a bit higher. So use this right after you wash your face: it’s got a bit of everything–some thermal water from the land of Perrier, white lily extracts and my favourite brightening ingredient, Vit C. So in a way, it also reduces melanin, and you’ll see more uniformity in your skintone. Yay!
- Za Perfect Solution Restoring Collagen Cream, Rs 1,053: I work at home, so I use it in the day after my bath as a morning cream, but if you’re stepping out, you may want to try and see if it doesn’t weigh your skin down. As for me, I use it before my makeup and sometimes even in the night. I attended the Za Beauty School in Delhi wherein one of the researchers down from Japan told the audience that this cream has about a trillion collagen capsules. I am not someone who buys claims very easily but I did promise to try it, and the experience has been very good. After using it for more than 3 months, I can promise a change in texture and brightness. Plus it’s anti-ageing, so…why not?
- . Subtle Energies Pure Indian Rose Hydrosol, Rs 800 upwards: A rare brand to come across, Subtle Energies was introduced to me, when I’d visited Six Senses Spa, Jaypee Greens, Delhi, the only one in India. This is basically an Ayurvedic decoction that is as good as any of the thermal spring water you’re gonna come across. It has no preservatives, no parabens and has a shelf life of a year. It can be doubled up as a toner, and can be applied right before your face cream. In summers, it’s great to freshen up your face (and other areas if you’re really need to!).Tip:My suggestion to you is to find a distilled, no-chemical spray for this season. It’s like a whiff of fresh air especially for those of us who live in Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai.
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate, Rs 3200: I am turning 30 this year, and sadly, I have seen more stress in my 20s than ever. These last 3 years have left their traces on my hair, my face and my body! While I can’t undo what’s already happened, I think a lot of us who work, manage the house, Instagram and tackle men, need some serum! After careful consideration and blog event with Kiehl’s, I have decided to use this some nights of the week. One of the most popular products by Kiehl’s, night time products basically mean that your skin is busy regenerating itself while you snore. Most serums are lightweight, absorbed by skin easily, and this one is too! The solution is quite potent and has all oils you could possibly think of. Try and see a difference in about 2-3 weeks.Tip: If you invest in a serum, any serum, make sure you make the most of it by applying it correctly. Use the tips of your fingers for a light facial massage in a circular motion. Make sure you cover your forehead, the T-zone, eye and lip area too.
- The Body Shop Moringa Body Sorbet, Rs 795: I went for the official launch of this product about 12 days ago and I am in love with it. Not only is it one of my favourite flowers, but the packaging, the smell and the texture makes it perfect for summer. For all you idiots out there who feel STICKY using a body lotion in summer, this is the perfect solution. So, they are essentially calling it a sorbet because it has a gel-based finish. Meaning you will smell yummy and you will not feel hot! Well, not HOT, HOT!Tip: Moisturizing is essential, even in summers. Find your way and stick to it.
- Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot, Rs 850: A tiny bottle that delivered on it’s word, this tube is truly one of its kind. I only use this when a nasty pimple has left a mark on my pretty face! I have come across so many blemish-free products in my teens, and adult life and this is the only one I’d recommend. Apply after the pimple has dried up and subsided, use this potent formula to get rid of pigmentation, and the spot itself. It has salicylic acid + LHA that fights bacteria while Hyaluronic Acid hydrates and plumps skin. While the formula is quite potent, you have to use it for a minimum for 2 weeks so see a difference.Tip:Use it only on the spot: not on the face. Seriously.
Okay, so that sums up the basic skincare regime for now. Did you like it?
Let us know on social media or in the comments’ section.
Stay Summer Cool![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]