It’s summer of 2016 and with the temperature going up more than 40 degrees on an average, there’s no way you’re forgetting your sunglasses.
Here’s your guide to make your online shopping a little better, well thought-free and almost risk free.
SUNGLASSES BY FACE SHAPE
- A round face, like Selena Gomez would look good in anything that can add more depth to your features or elongate your face. Cat eye, rectangular shaped sunglasses will suit you. I love this pair of square sunglasses from Vincent Chase available here.
- Square shaped faces like Olivia Wilde means going opposite with the frames. Anything round or a pair of sunnier that curve downwards would be ideal for you.
I’d recommend these round ones from John Jacobs available on Lenskart.
3. Heart shaped faces (like that of Kylie Jenner) means you need to even out your face i.e. wider from the top and sallow on the bottom. Parallel shapes like aviators or anything extended/dramatic from the bottom like a butterfly frame, really suits your face and adds a bit of edge to your personality too. I love these mirrored, statement makers from Rayban available on Lenskart.
4. And finally, an oval shaped face (like that of Rihanna) is the most versatile face shape since the face dimensions are more or less the same all through your face. You can go with round, square, oval or even cat eye shaped sunglasses. My favourite pair of cat-eye shaped frames would be these ones from Polaroid available on Lenskart.
Please remember, the same logic can be applied to a man’s face too!
Check out some of my favourite brands for Men on Lenskart.
CHECK THE DETAILS
- While I appreciate the need for buying a pair every season, don’t compromise on the basic being that sunglasses need to have a UV filter. Look from 100% UV protection from your pair of sunnies.
- If you’re looking for a pair of sunglasses that you can wear for outdoor activities without being too expensive, then go for nylon-based frames.
- The designer brands (Gucci, Prada, Dior) use Titanium frames which are scratch resistant and superior in quality.
- If you want something regular and not too expensive, metal frame or types of plastic frames are a no-brainer. That said, they will obviously not last very long.
TRYING AND ORDERING THEM ONLINE
-Most websites like Lenskart, allow you to try the camera by seeking permission to access your laptop/phone to see model’s faces (round, square, heart and oval) to see how it actually looks. I can’t wait for them to be able to access our webcam/camera and let us choose it live.
-You can also order sunglasses, try them on at home and pay for the ones you like.
-If ordering an expensive pair of designer sunglasses like these ones from Lenskart, you also have the option of paying via EMI. EMIs are great for those of us who don’t want to upset our monthly finances.