[vc_row full_width=”” parallax=”” parallax_image=””][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]We all love the feeling of confidence and swag after getting a good blowout.
Is this what Beyonce feels like everyday?
Here are some tricks you can try to make your blowout last longer!
Don’t skip a hair wash
. Dirt, oil in combination with product residue clogs scalp and weighs your hair down. The cleaner your hair, the longer it’ll last. In fact, you can go easy on the conditioner, (apply it only if the mid-section or the ends are dry) since you’ll end up a product post blow-dry anyway. I switch between Wella Brilliance Shampoo For Colored Hair and Tresemme Hairfall Defense Shampoo but you can stick to what suits your hair.
[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”1854″ alignment=”center” border_color=”grey” img_link_large=”” img_link_target=”_self” img_size=”large”][vc_column_text]
- Make the most of your equipment: Like my skin, my hair is combinative too: meaning it can be straight or a bit wavy depending on what its mood is. If you like a little bounce on the top and straight locks down at the bottom, then ask your stylist too first use a straightener on mid-length of your hair and then blow dry. For the crown, use THERMO-CERAMIC VELCRO ROLLERS as you style your strands: section by section.
- A whiff of cool: Ask your stylist (or remember this yourself) to finish the blowout with a blast of cool air. Yes, that setting on the drier comes in handy when your hair is already dry and only needs styling. Plus, many experts suggest that cool air drying helps seal hair cuticles, and that, in turn helps your look last longer. Finish with a styling product that also adds shine. You can try Livon Moroccan Silk Serum or Schwarzkopf Sexy Volume Spray Mousse.
[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”1857″ alignment=”center” border_color=”grey” img_link_large=”” img_link_target=”_self” img_size=”large”][vc_column_text]
- Stay away from moisture: Your money and hard work can literally evaporate with heat, so avoid going too much in the sun or breaking into a sweat ‘coz there’s no denying that’ll have an affect your perfect hair. And plan in advance: so if you’re going to the gym, use a loose hairband and tie your hair to avoid the worst of it.
- Don’t sleep on your hair: Not only can it add creases, but also leave you to wake up to limp-looking hair. So push it all back and avoid sleeping ON your hair. In fact, many experts suggest making a bun with an elastic band if you are comfy with it. You can also invest in a silk pillowcase to maximise your blowout. The added benefit: it causes less friction which means lesser hair breakage and you’ll sleep better too.
[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”1859″ alignment=”center” border_color=”grey” img_link_large=”” img_link_target=”_self” img_size=”large”][vc_column_text]
- Use a dry shampoo: Give your hair a spray of volume with dry shampoo. Use some on the original parting (centre/side) and then spray on the opposite side (just the scalp). The product absorbs extra oil produced by sebaceous glands, leaving your hair looking fabulous. Try Tigi Bed Head Sugar Dust MicroInvisible Powder or Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo.
Thanks for reading![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]