Mommy and lifestyle blogger, Prerna Sinha from MaaOfAll Blogs recently spent 2 nights in Las Vegas. Join us as she shares her experience in the sin city on our travel special.
Las Vegas or popularly known as the boulder city is known for its neon lights, gargantuan casinos, all night drinking and the craziness that comes with it. This was the reason my husband put Vegas on the BOTTOM of his priority list.
Vegas had been on my travel list forever and this being my first visit to the U.S. , I was excited to head there. I travelled there with my cousins who stay in the States and trust me they are quite pro when it comes to exploring Vegas. I was wrong—Vegas has something to offer to everybody who visits this city. So while my husband went on a road trip to Napa Valley with his friends) I headed to Vegas with my cousins.
Sure, this is heaven for parties and party goers but there is more to Vegas. If you are an adventure seeker, savour exotic experiences, the rush of speed and cars then this is the place for you. In fact, Las Vegas is a favourite amongst foodies and theatre buffs.. This is a place to head to because you will get nothing but the best in the world here. The city appears in the middle of nowhere, yes it’s really like the paradise in a desert.
So what about me? Vegas didn’t hold any charm for me when it came to gambling—I’ve had my share of slot machines in Macau and Singapore. So what were the things that charmed me about Vegas?
7 Unique Things To Do In Las Vegas That You Have To Try
- Enjoy a Helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon: This is one of the most exotic experiences I have had and would totally recommend it. I knew Grand Canyon was close to Vegas but considering I was there for 2 nights, I was more than thrilled to hop on a chopper. After reading many reviews and friend’s recommendations I chose Pavillion Helicopters.
It was a short drive of 30 minutes to the Grand Canyon and a champagne bottle along with a picnic lunch was shared. I was mesmerized and tried drinking in all of it remembering all the great stories that I had read about the Grand Canyon. The experience cost me around 380 dollars, which is on the higher side, but totally worth it. Read more about this experience here.
- Do not miss the Cirque du Soleil or the ‘O’ Show: This is one of the most sought after shows in Vegas and now I know why. Each time I discussed my plans in Vegas, they told me to book the ‘O’ show. The show tickets cost me about 200 dollars for a good seat but trust me it was worth it. It’s a water show with mostly acrobats, synchronized swimming and some ground acts. There was also a fire show with a man, literally, on fire the entire time which was awesome. The ending of the show with the contortionists was incredible. It’s amazing how a 90-minute show without any dialogues can keep the audience enraptured till the end.
- Go crazy at the 24×7 Casinos: Well this is a no-brainer! If you like gambling you have the roulette, blackjack, and various tables to head to and either make history or go down. If you are a slot machine person like me who would just play small and lose small you can still spend the whole night there. Did you know that these run 24×7 and possibly in every hotel in Vegas. In fact, there were casinos at the airport too (to tempt you even as you take off). I have heard they even pump oxygen in your system to keep you awake through the night but I guess I didn’t need it as I slept for only 2 hours in 2 days of my being in Vegas. I was high on life and so excited.
- Rent a Limousine under 99 Dollars: Renting a limousine might cost you and arm and a leg anywhere in the world but here in Vegas you can get one under or approximately 100 dollars and enjoy the Vegas strip. The only reason I skipped it was the Vegas traffic which reminded me of Mumbai. But then we have to leave something for your next trip, right?
- Have Dinner in the sky: I had heard about this experience where they strap you to your seats and then suspend the entire dinner table in the air. You will be safely suspended in air and watch the cinematic skyline of Las Vegas as you enjoy a four-course meal. I had no idea that this was in Vegas till we reached there, and we couldn’t do it. Now this is something I’d like to come back for!
- Give into your need for speed: If you love speed and cars, here is Vegas you can book any supercar of your choice and get to drive it for as low as 99 dollars, lower than anywhere in the world.
- Get an Adrenaline Rush at The Stratosphere Tower: The Needle Hotel or Stratosphere is famous for its rides that are at the top of the Stratosphere Tower, over 900 feet high above the ground. The four extreme thrill rides are The SkyJump, the Big Shot, the X Scream, and Insanity. They are crazy, fun and must do. I did not manage to do this, but it is on my list as you can see.I have just touched the tip of the iceberg when it comes to experiences that you can have at Vegas. So if you are planning a trip to the US, I would highly recommend to add Vegas to the list. Happy Travels :)!!
This post is a part of Be For Beauty’s Travel Special.