Welcome back to our beauty special. Are you having fun yet? Let’s have some together.
CONFESSION TIME: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE BUZZFEED BEAUTY HACKS AND I LOVE READING THEM/TRYING THEM (Like I have better things to do!)
Here are some BuzzFeed Eye Makeup Hacks That Totally Work, are short on time, and good for us all.
1. Just do your brows if you don’t feel like doing much: OK I don’t get my eyebrows threaded because I don’t. I could avoid it successfully till college and have done it so far, so I didn’t think eyebrows were a big deal. Plus Cara Delevigne and her eyebrow revolution got me trying a few eyebrow pencils and I absolutely can’t step out without filling in my brows.
My favourite products are Rimmel London Eyebrow Pencil (great pigment and has a small brush attached to the cap) and Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel (which I tried at a shoot). Right now, I am out of eyebrow pencils so I just swipe some of my kohl onto my Eco Tools Angled Eyeliner Brush and fill in. Make sure you fill both equally or the faux pas will be of another magnitude and you don’t wanna explain why one eyebrow is thicker than the other!
2. Use an earbud/Q-Tip And Concealer To Fix Your Eyeliner Mistakes: The top makeup artists, who do this everyday, keep a Q Tip handy and you should too. I think most of the earbuds in my bathroom are used to correct my eyeliner. If you’re using a gel eyeliner, don’t take too long in correcting your mistakes or it’ll dry up and won’t get off easily. Also, if you feel that your concealer is too creamy and will just ruin the pigment of your awesome eyeliner, then used pressed powder or a powder foundation.
3. Keep your eye cream in the fridge before using it: This is TRUE because anything cooling, refreshing that also has corrective properties is a WIN-WIN situation. However, make sure the creams you keep in the fridge are in the cosmetics drawer or on the first rack of the fridge. Also this hack works only on gel based eye creams and eye roll on-s.
4. Use a light coloured eyeliner to hide a hangover. I love this hack because it has three words I love: light, eyeliner and hangover. I’m kidding. OK, so basically, once upon a time, I had bought a L’Oreal Color Riche Eye Pencil in BROWN instead of BLACK. It was an honest mistake because I actually trusted the lady in the shop to give me the right one. Anyhow, anyhow, so I thought, what the hell, I’ll use it. And I loved it. First of all, unlike the black liner, it’s not obvious at all. You can apply it on your waterline (a little less than the lady in the picture) for a very subtle effect. It instantly freshens up your look, especially if you have small eyes, hooded eyes (like me), or you’re just tired.
5. Stash your mascara down your top. I thought I was LL Cool J by finding 5 extra seconds and rolling the mascara in between my palms but this woman is a STUD! The next time you’re doing your eyeliner, just stash your mascara down your top: that way you know it’s with you and that it’s getting warmed up for a good and quick application.
PS: Please make sure you’re doing these things when you’re alone or your partner understands what BuzzFeed Beauty Hacks are. I take no responsibilities of him/her thinking how crazy you are.
6. Add contact solution to your thick mascara. Now first of all, I’d like to point out the obvious: which is that mascaras are NOT supposed to be used for more than three to six months. And when I say six months, I mean for the fabulous Sephora/Dior/Chanel brands, not drugstore brands (like the one in the picture). If you’ve just bought your Maybelline Collossal Mascara or invested in my favourite, Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara and you think it’s clumpy for NO reason, then yes, please add contact solution to it. Mix it up and keep it away for a few minutes to make sure it reaches the product. I also suggest adding a few drops of castor oil to your mascara (or just using it) to grow your eyelashes.
7. Use coconut oil to get off really heavy eye makeup/waterproof eyeliner. 5 years ago, I used to laugh when makeup brands would say things like waterproof eyeliner, but NOW, some of them, like FACES Eye Pencil, in fact their whole eyeliner range doesn’t come off with water. If you’ve gone for a wedding/night out and done a smokey eye look, I suggest you definately take it all off using coconut oil. You can take some on your fingertips and let the formulas wither off, melt down a bit. Then use a cotton swab (very gently) to take it all off. This calls for more hard work than other hacks, but, don’t be harsh and break a capillary–you’ll end up with bluish undertones just under your eyes!
Allright guys! Hope you enjoyed this post.
If you have any of your eye makeup hacks that you’d like to share, please do so, in the comments’ section.
Follow us on Pinterest for more such tips!
We are taking our Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter. With the advent of this wonderful #MyFriendAlexa campaign, we hope to connect and hone a new community, build more relationships and read more. Our reading hashtag is #beforbeautyreads.